• Historic York • North York Moors Railway • Whitby • Harrogate • Leeds
Monday: Join your fellow passengers at London Kings Cross for our lunchtime East Coast Line journey to York. On arrival we transfer to the Elmbank Hotel, for our four night stay.
Tuesday: A leisurely day to discover York. We have included a transfer to the National Railway Museum, a must-see attraction for all rail enthusiasts, with over 300 years of rail history under one roof. The remainder of the day is free to explore at your own pace with plenty to see from the elegant York Minster to the enchanting narrow lanes known as The Shambles.
Wednesday: By coach we head into the North York Moors to Pickering to join the North York Moors Railway as it winds its way across the wild, heather covered expanse of the moors to reach the old seafaring town and resort of Whitby, set beneath the ruins of its famous Abbey. Enjoy free time to discover the home port of Captain Cook and perhaps enjoy Whitby’s revered fish and chips before we return by coach to York.
Thursday: By train we make our way to the fashionable spa town of Harrogate this morning, packed with beautiful gardens, fanciful boutiques and the world famous Betty’s Tea Rooms. This afternoon we continue by train to Leeds where the vibrant city centre is just moments from the station, before we return to York.
Friday: A final morning at leisure in York before we board the lunchtime journey back to Kings Cross for a mid-afternoon arrival.
Times (in local time) are as follows, but are subject to change:
Depart King’s Cross 12.53
Return King’s Cross 14.25
First Class: King’s Cross to York Return £99 per person
Please ask for details at the time of booking
Elmbank Hotel & Lodge
Less than a mile from the centre of York, and even closer to the station, this hotel dates back to 1870 and retains some fine stained glass windows and a lovely oak staircase.
• Restaurant, bar • En-suite bedrooms – situated in main building and adjacent lodge • No lift, ground floor rooms available in Lodge
Swipe left and right
- All rail travel in standard class
- Hotel accommodation as stated with dinner, bed and breakfast from dinner on the day of arrival to breakfast on the day of departure
- Itinerary, admissions and local transfers as stated
- The services of the Grand UK Tour Manager