• Enkhuizen • Cruising the IJsselmeer • Keukenhof Gardens • Hoorn • Amsterdam
DAY 1: We cross the Channel and into Holland to arrive in Amsterdam and the Virginia for a late supper.
DAY 2: Today we cruise across the expansive inland waterway of the IJsselmeer to the harbour town of Enkhuizen, with strong links to the old East India trade routes and characterised by its traditional houses and drawbridges over canals.
DAY 3: This morning we cruise to the town of Hoorn. From here we travel by coach to the world famous Keukenhof Gardens where amazing displays of spring flowers are exhibited, attracting visitors from around the world. Explore the show tents and the extensive gardens as the park comes to life with a vibrant array of colour. Later we return to our vessel in Hoorn, a delightful small town that was once an important and prosperous base for the all-powerful Dutch East India Company.
DAY 4: This morning we cruise into Amsterdam, leaving the afternoon free to explore this fascinating city. You can visit world renowned museums, fragrant flower markets or enjoy a cruise on the canal network to discover the city by water.
DAY 5: After breakfast we return across the Channel and homeward bound.
The MV Virginia
The Virginia is a small and intimate vessel with 54 cabins over three decks, all refurbished in 2013. Air-conditioned throughout, it also has an extensive sundeck that is partly covered, perfect for lazy days of sightseeing on board. The size of the vessel makes it ideal for our special river cruise for single travellers allowing you to easily make new friends.
Public areas include:
• A forward Promenade Deck lounge with a bar and dance floor • Restaurant on the Cabin Deck • Partially covered Sun Deck
All cabins include:
• Shower & toilet • Satellite television • Twin beds at floor level • Continental electricity socket (220 volts) • Superior cabins include tea and coffee making facilities (limited availability)
Please note: Prices reflect the deck location more than the size. Upper deck cabins have better views. The vessel is not suitable for those unable to negotiate stairs and wheelchair access is not possible.
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- All coach travel
- Return Channel crossings
- Tour Manager escorted
- Cruise itinerary and sightseeing excursions as stated
- Accommodation in a twin outward facing cabin
- Full board on the ship including hot/cold buffet breakfast, set menu lunch and dinner
- Morning coffee and afternoon tea whilst cruising
- Regular entertainment on board