Sunday: From local departure points we journey to our overnight stop.
Monday: We continue into Scotland to catch our ferry crossing to the Isle of Bute and our hotel in Rothesay.
Tuesday: A day at leisure to explore Rothesay.
Wednesday: A full day exploring the green and fertile Isle of Bute today. We pass Ettrick Bay and pause over Scalpsie Bay for outstanding views across the South of Bute to the Isle of Arran, before passing Kilchatten Bay to the south of the island and returning via Kingarth.
Thursday: Today we cross to the mainland of Argyll, by winding roads to the resort of Dunoon, boasting two fine bays, beautiful parks and a four mile promenade. We then head for the idyllic coastal hamlet of Tighnabruaich, before returning by ferry to Bute.
Friday: An afternoon visit today to Mount Stuart House & Gardens. This feat of Victorian engineering was once one of the most technically advanced houses of its time, including the first to have a heated indoor swimming pool. Today it houses the Bute Collection of artwork and artefacts as well as 300 acres of gardens and woodlands.
Saturday: We leave Bute this morning by ferry to Ayrshire, returning across the border to our overnight stop in the north of England.
Sunday: We make our way homeward.
Glenburn Hotel, Rothesay
The welcoming Glenburn Hotel offers wonderful terraced gardens and lovely views across Rothesay Bay to the Cowal Peninsula, all just a gentle bay side stroll away from the centre of the town.
• Restaurant, bar & café, lounge, snooker room, terrace & lovely gardens • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Regular entertainment • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer