Full day: Our full day tour begins at the ornate Whippingham Church, built by Prince Albert and where Queen Victoria was a regular member of the congregation when in residence on the island. We continue to Queen Victoria’s seaside retreat, Osborne House, where she died in 1901. This beautiful Italianate villa and grounds are maintained as it was at the time offering a wonderful snapshot of royalty during Victoria’s reign.
Full day: Take a journey back in time with a ride on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway. We join at the railway’s main station at Havenstreet, where there is a small museum and shop, for a return journey on a section of the old Ryde to Newport line. The oldest locomotive was built in 1876 and carriages date back to 1864, and all have been restored to pristine condition. Later we visit the Brighstone Village Museum, which gives an insight into village life in Victorian times, and is housed in a picturesque terrace of thatched cottages.
Royal Pier Hotel, Sandown
Ideally located on the seafront in Sandown, facing one of the finest beaches and with the centre of Sandown just a short stroll away. Hotel facilities include two bars, a dining room overlooking Sandown Bay and an indoor swimming pool and spa pool. All bedrooms have private facilities, television and tea and coffee making facilities.
• Full breakfast and three course evening dinner with choice of menu and tea or coffee • Nightly entertainment • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer