• Fully escorted throughout • The Kyle Line - Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh • Glasgow • Drumnadrochit & Loch Ness • Isle of Skye • Inverness • Cromarty Firth • North West Highlands • Dornoch • Royal Yacht Britannia • Edinburgh
Tuesday: Meet your Tour Manager escort at London Euston Station for our lunchtime departure on the West Coast Line to Glasgow. On arrival we transfer to our hotel for one night.
Wednesday: Enjoy the morning at leisure in Glasgow before we alight the service to Inverness, as it passes through the wild scenery of the Grampian Mountains. On arrival we transfer to the Royal Highland Hotel for three nights.
Thursday: A full day excursion by coach today as we head for the Cromarty Firth, along its banks to the historic town of Dornoch, with its wonderful little cathedral, before returning via Shin Falls, Bonar Bridge and Struie Hill.
Friday: An early start as we take a spectacular journey by rail this morning across the North West Highlands on the much revered Kyle Line to reach the Kyle of Lochalsh. From here we join our coach and cross the magnificent Skye Road Bridge for a short stop at the town of Broadford, before returning to the mainland and making our way to Drumnadrochit and Inverness.
Saturday: Enjoy a morning at leisure in Inverness before we return by train through the Grampian Mountains to Dunfermline and the Pitbauchlie House Hotel for two nights.
Sunday: Today, by coach, we make our way across the Firth of Forth to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia, the Queen’s former vessel with a rich history of Royal Passage and State Occasions. We continue into Edinburgh where there is free time to explore this most elegant of capital cities.
Monday: This morning we leave Dunfermline, crossing the famous Forth Rail Bridge and changing trains in Edinburgh before completing our journey to London Kings Cross.
Royal Highland Hotel
Centrally located in Inverness beside the railway station, this traditional hotel offers the perfect base for exploring the capital of the Highlands.
★★★ (AA) • Restaurant, bar, coffee lounge • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi • Buffet breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Lift
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
This modern and popular hotel is situated in Dunfermline within 3 acres of wooded grounds and landscaped gardens.
• Restaurant, bistro, three bars • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi • Buffet breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • No lift but rooms on ground and first floor
Times (in local time) are as follows, but are subject to change:
Depart Euston 12.28
Return King’s Cross 15.49
First Class: Euston to Glasgow £75 per person
First Class: Edinburgh to King’s Cross £75 per person
Please ask for details at the time of booking
Swipe left and right
- All rail travel in standard class
- Hotel accommodation as stated with dinner, bed and breakfast from dinner on the day of arrival to breakfast on the day of departure
- Itinerary, admissions and local transfers as stated
- The services of the Grand UK Tour Manager