Monday: This evening enjoy a sherry reception with your host, Warrant Officer Brian Robertson. Don’t forget to collect your wartime quiz papers, and of course your Ration Book! Enjoy live entertainment and music from the Good Old Days.
Tuesday: Spam and powdered eggs for breakfast (or you may prefer our full English Grill!), then it’s to the Naval town of Dartmouth and on to Brixham Barracks. Back at the hotel, nibble wartime canapés before evening dinner. Remember, Ration Books must be stamped or supplies will be cut off!
Wednesday: This evening get ready for a good old fashioned ‘street’ party with Brian and The Gang. Lots of good fun planned with old favourites such as Name that Tune and Mr & Mrs to a good old roof raising sing-a-long as we go down memory lane with the White Cliffs of Dover, Run-Rabbit-Run and Kiss Me Goodnight Sergeant Major.
Thursday: A drive to Plymouth Hoe where Smeaton's Tower Lighthouse looks out across the beautiful Plymouth Sound. Wartime punch will be served before our final evening meal, with entertainment featuring all of the old favourites to sing-a-long with, and the Last Waltz Grand Finale.
Friday: Sadly it’s back to the 21st century, and the comfortable journey home to your own billets.
Hotel Richmond, Torquay
The Richmond enjoys fine views from its elevated position over Torquay, it is located about a ten minute walk, mainly by private path, to the Abbey Sands seafront.
The hotel features a spacious restaurant, comfortable bar lounge and an entertainment lounge. There is a sheltered garden and deck terrace overlooking the bay and a games room with pool tables.
Bedrooms feature private facilities, telephone TV and tea and coffee making facilities. We offer a number of rooms with balcony and stunning sea views, subject to availability.
• Bar lounge, restaurant, sun terrace • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights – 5 day tours • Lift to most rooms
Swipe left and right
||Book NowMon 30 Sep, 2019
||Book NowMon 27 Apr, 2020
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer