• Fully escorted throughout • Train journey to Penzance • Land’s End • St Ives • Eden Project • River Fal Cruise • National Maritime Museum • Falmouth
Monday: Join your Tour Manager at London Paddington Station for the lunchtime service to Newquay, changing at the small junction of Par. On arrival in Newquay we transfer to the Cliffdene Hotel for our four night stay.
Tuesday: Departing Newquay we enjoy a morning on the rails through the heart of Cornwall, passing through St Austell, Truro and Redruth to reach the end of the line in Penzance. We continue by coach to Land’s End, England’s most westerly point before heading to the picturesque seaside resort of St Ives.
Wednesday: Today we travel by coach to visit the impressive Eden Project, built as a global garden telling the story of man’s developing relationship with plants. The project creates three of the world’s climatic zones – our own temperate climate outside and inside, plus giant ‘covered biome’ conservatories for the humid and warm regions.
Thursday: This morning by coach to Truro, Cornwall’s ‘capital’, where we join a cruise along the River Fal to Falmouth. Relax on board as this unique sea route takes us past iconic maritime locations, historic houses and landmarks as well as crossing the third deepest natural harbour in the world! On arrival in Falmouth there will be plenty of time to explore and enjoy the included visit to the National Maritime Museum where Cornwall’s maritime history is brought to life.
Friday: Leaving Newquay this morning we make our way back across country to return to London Paddington mid-afternoon.
Times (in local time) are as follows, but are subject to change:
Depart London Paddington 12.05
Return London Paddington 15.21
First Class: London Paddington to Newquay Return £150 per person
Please ask for details at the time of booking
Cliffdene Hotel, Newquay
Located overlooking Tolcarne Beach, the Cliffdene Hotel is only a few minutes walk from Newquay’s town centre.
• Two lounges, ballroom, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, two nights – 5 day tours • Lift
Swipe left and right
- All rail travel in standard class
- Hotel accommodation as stated with dinner, bed and breakfast from dinner on the day of arrival to breakfast on the day of departure
- Itinerary, admissions and local transfers as stated
- The services of the Grand UK Tour Manager