Full day: We start today in the Lakeland town of Keswick before passing Thirlmere to the idyllic village of Grasmere, final resting place of the poet William Wordsworth. We continue to bustling Bowness with its busy boat quays before returning via the spectacular 1500 foot Kirkstone Pass and along the tree-lined shores of Ullswater.
Half day: A half day visit across the border to Scotland to reach the renowned ‘runaway marriage’ village of Gretna Green. The famous old Blacksmiths Shop still has an anvil marriage room, where many couples still get married to this day.
Full day: One of the highlights of this holiday is a spectacular drive by Mountain Goat minibus to explore the mountains, valleys and lakes that are not normally accessible by coach. Our tour starts with a drive through wild and rugged Wrynose Pass, before commencing the dramatic ascent of Hardknott Pass, the steepest in Britain. We pause at the remote Hardknott Roman Fort with its stunning views before making our way to the famous miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway through Eskdale. In the afternoon we drive onward to Wastwater, voted ‘Britain’s Favourite View’ and England’s deepest and most dramatic lake before arriving at the splendid 14th century castle of Muncaster surrounded by its internationally acclaimed gardens.
Cumbria Park Hotel
Located close to the centre of Carlisle, the Cumbria Park Hotel resides in a converted terrace just a short walk to the River Eden and Carlisle Castle.
• Restaurant, lounge, bar • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi • Gym • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer