Full day: A day of contrasts as we head for Newton Abbot, a delightful Devon town, where it is market day. Wander through the old Butter Market or just enjoy the outdoor market in the town square. Then it’s on to Dartmoor National Park, a wild expanse dotted with granite rocks and tors rising up from the barren bogs, heather clad moors and hidden villages. We visit Widecombein- the-Moor, a typical Dartmoor village, probably best known for Widecombe Fair and its associated folksong.
Full day: Our tour begins with the short drive to Brixham, an ancient fishing port which is still busy today, before arriving in the town of Dartmouth. This once prosperous port, whose naval tradition goes back to medieval times, is nowadays a haven for yachts and pleasure boats that congregate on the River Dart Estuary and where an optional cruise on the River Dart is possible.
Half day: Today we drive to Totnes, an old market town which is still a working port for seagoing vessels making their way inland from Start Bay.
8 Day Holiday Bonus!
Full day: As an added bonus on 8 Day holidays, you’ll also enjoy an extra full day excursion. We tour around the estuary of the River Exe to reach Exmouth, where the river flows into the sea. Following a morning stop at this small resort, we continue to nearby Exeter, Devon’s cathedral city with a long historic past.
Hotel Richmond, Torquay
The Richmond enjoys fine views from its elevated position over Torbay.
• Bar lounge, restaurant, sun terrace • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights – 5 day tours • Lift to most rooms
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer