• Guided tour of Saltaire • Spectacular Settle to Carlisle Railway • Skipton • Pendle Heritage Centre • Boat cruise on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal
Full day: This morning we drive to Saltaire, a ‘model’ Victorian industrial village created by Sir Titus Salt as a self-contained environment for workers in his woollen mills. We enjoy a fascinating guided walking tour, with authentic Victorian costumed guides, as we meander through history. We continue onwards as we skirt Pendle Hill, home to the Pendle Witches, one of the most famed witch trials in English history, where we stop at Pendle Heritage Centre for a cream tea.
Full day: Today we head for Skipton, gateway to the Yorkshire Dales National Park and positioned overlooking the Aire Gap. Here there is plenty of time to explore the colourful market, which dates back to medieval times and King John, along with the impressive castle that has survived 900 years of turbulent history. From the popular Canal Basin, with its boats, footpaths and walks through Skipton Woods we join our boat cruise on the Leeds & Liverpool canal for a lively and fascinating journey through history - including a relaxing cup of Yorkshire tea!
Full day: A scenic delight this morning as we head to the small town of Settle. Here we board our train for the stunning Settle to Carlisle rail journey - regarded as one of the finest rail journeys in Europe. We cross the famous Ribblehead Viaduct and climb through the spectacular Pennines countryside into Cumbria to reach Carlisle. Here we have some time to explore before heading back.
Foxfields Country Hotel
This friendly and welcoming family-run hotel sits in the Ribble Valley, between Blackburn and the Forest of Pendle, offering wonderful countryside views.
• Restaurant, bar • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi • Indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, fitness room, gardens • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • No lift, but ground floor rooms available
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer