• River Dart Cruise • Dartmouth & Paignton Steam Railway • Paignton • Dartmouth • South Devon Steam Railway • Plymouth Harbour Cruise • Plymouth
Full day: This morning we head for nearby Paignton, where we board our train on the former Great Western branch line which takes us along the coast past Goodrington Sands and alongside the River Dart Estuary to Kingswear. Here we take the passenger ferry across the river to the seafaring port of Dartmouth, with its imposing Royal Naval College, to board our river cruise. Sit back and enjoy the wonderful scenery - wooded slopes, secret creeks and enviable houses dotted along the banks of the River Dart.
Full day: This morning we drive to the great port of Plymouth where there is time to explore as well as enjoying a cruise across Plymouth Sound, past the Hoe and famous Drakes Island to the River Tamar where warships can often be seen at anchor. This afternoon we take a superb ride on the South Devon Railway. It is one of the longest established steam railways in the south west, operating along seven stunning miles of the Dart Valley between Buckfastleigh and Totnes.
8 Day Holiday Bonus! Full day: As an added bonus on 8 day holidays, you’ll also enjoy an extra full day excursion. Today we skirt Dartmoor National Park to reach Morwellham Quay. This museum of living history recreates the Victorian heyday that saw the Quay become the greatest copper ore port in Queen Victoria’s Empire. Today you can explore the Victorian town, take a ride on the copper mine railway and visit the animals of BBC’s Edwardian Farm.
Hotel Richmond, Torquay
The Richmond enjoys fine views from its elevated position over Torquay, it is located about a ten minute walk, mainly by private path, to the Abbey Sands seafront.
The hotel features a spacious restaurant, comfortable bar lounge and an entertainment lounge. There is a sheltered garden and deck terrace overlooking the bay and a games room with pool tables.
Bedrooms feature private facilities, telephone TV and tea and coffee making facilities. We offer a number of rooms with balcony and stunning sea views, subject to availability.
• Bar lounge, restaurant, sun terrace • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights – 5 day tours • Lift to most rooms
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer