• Welsh Coast & Country • Aberystwyth • Elan Valley • Cambrian Mountains • Devil’s Bridge • Machynlleth
Glen Usk Hotel, Llandrindod Wells
The Glen Usk is perfectly placed in the very centre of the pretty Spa town of Llandrindod Wells, directly opporsite Temple Gardens and just a short walk to the shops.
The hotel features a spacious bar lounge and restaurant, both of which overlook Temple Gardens, and a function room with dance floor where entertainment is regularly held.
Bedrooms are en-suite and feature colour TV and tea and coffee making facilities, and there is a lift to all floors.
• Lounge bar, sun terrace, entertainment room, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights - 5 day tours • Free WI-FI • Lift
Full day: A superb full day tour of dramatic coast and mountain scenery. Our first visit is Machynlleth, the ‘ancient capital of Wales’ and the site of the first Welsh Parliament, before travelling along the shores of the Dovey Estuary to pretty Tywyn. Then it’s back into the glorious Welsh countryside, passing mighty Cadir Idris, looming nearly 3,000 feet above the town of Dolgellau, on our way to pause at the attractively situated Meirion Mill at Dinas-Mawddwy.
Full day: Our full day excursion takes us first through the mountains to the beauty spot of Devil’s Bridge. Here there is an opportunity to take an optional ride on one of the ‘Great Little Trains of Wales’ - the Vale of Rheidol Steam Railway (seasonal only). We continue to the seaside resort of Aberystwyth, nestled between three hills with colourful Victorian and Edwardian terraces lining the seafront.
Half day: This morning we tour into the Elan Valley, with its series of spectacular reservoirs in a dramatic scenic setting. The visitor centre has an exhibit of the water scheme, showing photographs of the houses that were ‘drowned’.
8 Day Holiday Bonus!
Full day: As an added bonus you’ll also enjoy an extra full day excursion through beautiful West Wales. We climb over Sugar Loaf Mountain, passing through the small towns of Llandovery with its ruined castle, and Llandeilo which stands in the shadow of the forbidding Black Mountain, to reach the historic and ancient town of Carmarthen (in Welsh, ‘Merlin’s Fort’) where there is a bustling and vibrant market.
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer