There’s lots to do and see in the resort. Here are some ideas:
Iconic 1930’s Bandstand: 1812 firework concerts, tribute shows, 'big band' sound.
Royal Hippodrome Theatre: Summer showtime.
Sovereign Harbour and the Waterfront: A great mix of boutique shops and high street names, multiplex cinema, range of international restaurants plus one of the largest marinas on the south coast.
Events: Including firework displays, vintage cars, seafront processions, and annual airshow.
Winter Gardens: Tea dances, comedy clubs and even an annual beer festival!
Devonshire Park Theatre and Congress Theatre: Regular West End shows and plays.
Redoubt Fortress: One of the south coast’s most historic landmarks.
Miniature Steam Railway: A railway adventure in Eastbourne.
Out & About
It is easy to explore the surrounding countryside by public transport, or with local sightseeing companies. The Sussex Weald is a tranquil area of picturesque villages, vineyards, castles and woodland, and there is a spectacular coastline, with Brighton and Hastings within easy reach.
Southern Railway DaySave ticket: Unlimited train travel for a day from £19.50 (2018 price).
Downlander: Day ticket available on train and bus services in the South Downs area.
Sussex Heritage Coast Travel & Leisure Guide: Days out in the Eastbourne area.
South Downs Bus Walks: A leaflet of three circular walks from bus stops.
Tourist Information Centre: Cornfield Road, in the town centre, telephone: 01323 415415.
Mansion (Lions) Hotel, Eastbourne
The Mansion enjoys a superb position on Eastbourne’s seafront, opposite the bandstand and within level walking distance of the town centre shops.
• Lounge bar, sea-facing sun lounge, entertainment lounge, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available
• Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Two nights entertainment • Lift • There are 8 steps up to the front of the hotel
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer