Full day: We make our way to Holy Island (subject to tidal conditions), known locally as Lindisfarne, famed for being the birthplace of English Christianity. Then to Alnwick with its fairytale castle often referred to as ‘the Windsor of the North’.
Full day: This morning we head for Durham where there will be plenty of time to explore the magnificent Norman cathedral which towers above a loop in the River Wear or just wander through the delightful cobbled, medieval streets. This afternoon we make our way to Hexham with its stately Abbey and Roman influences.
Half day: An extended half day tour deep into the heart of the magnificent Kielder Forest which is Europe’s largest working forest and has Europe’s largest man-made reservoir.
Jurys Inn, Gateshead
Situated on the south bank of the River Tyne beside the Baltic Centre and Millennium Bridge, this modern hotel is ideally located for exploring the vibrant city of Newcastle and the spectacular Quayside.
• Bar, restaurant, coffee shop • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer