• Exmouth • Newquay • Isles of Scilly • Land’s End • Hugh Town • St Ives • Bath • Wells • Dunster • Exmoor National Park • Dartmoor
Sunday: From local departure points we head for the West Country, staying the first night in Exmouth at the Manor Hotel.
Monday: This morning enjoy a leisurely start in Exmouth before we make our way further south west through the wild and rugged landscapes of Dartmoor and past the hauntingly beautiful Bodmin Moor. This is the very heart of Cornwall and it’s not long before we arrive in the bustling seaside resort of Newquay where we stay for four nights at the Cliffdene Hotel.
Tuesday: Today look forward to a superb full day excursion to Land’s End. It’s England’s most westerly point, where the rocky cliffs tower above the swirling Atlantic Ocean. Continuing along the coastal road, past old mining communities, and a spectacularly rugged landscape, we come to lovely St Ives. It’s one of our most picturesque small seaside resorts, set between two golden beaches, beloved by artists and featuring its own Tate Gallery.
Wednesday: One of the highlights of our tour today is the day trip by sea to the Isles of Scilly. After an early breakfast, we travel to Penzance for the morning sailing to the largest island, St. Mary’s, disembarking at the capital of Hugh Town which lies on an isthmus between two beaches, and has almost no motor traffic. We return to Penzance on the afternoon sailing and back to Newquay for a late dinner at the Cliffdene.
Thursday: Enjoy a free day in Newquay - this is Cornwall’s premier resort, so there’s lots to see and do, including some lovely parks and gardens.
Friday: Leaving Newquay we travel along the famous Atlantic Highway through Devon and into Exmoor National Park to visit medieval Dunster, dominated by its romantic castle. We continue across the mighty River Severn to Newport and our two night stay at the Holiday Inn.
Saturday: A full day excursion through the Cheddar Gorge to Wells, a charming town which claims to be England’s smallest city because of its magnificent cathedral. In the afternoon we visit Bath, a tourist mecca with historic hot springs, and grand Georgian terraces in honey coloured stone.
Sunday: Our ‘Grand Tour’ of the West Country draws to a close with the journey home.
Holiday Inn, Newport
• Restaurant, bar • En-suite bedrooms • Lift
Cliffdene Hotel, Newquay
Located overlooking Tolcarne Beach, the Cliffdene Hotel is only a few minutes walk from Newquay’s town centre.
• Two lounges, ballroom, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, two nights – 5 day tours • Lift
Hotel Richmond, Torquay
The Richmond enjoys fine views from its elevated position over Torbay.
• Bar lounge, restaurant, sun terrace • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights – 5 day tours • Lift to most rooms
Swipe left and right
|Book NowSun 17 Jun, 2018
|Book NowSun 9 Sep, 2018
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer