- Wester Ross • Gairloch • Train ride on the famous ‘Kyle Line’ • Portree • Skye Bridge • Durness • Inverewe Gardens
Sunday: From local departure points we head towards our overnight stop in the north.
Monday: After an early start we cross the border and head towards the far north to reach Ullapool, our base for the next five nights.
Tuesday: A day to relax and enjoy the idyllic village of Ullapool on the banks of Loch Broom.
Wednesday: An exciting day ahead as we include a train ride on one of Britain’s most scenic railway lines. Joining at the village of Dingwall we travel through a wild landscape rich in wildlife - buzzards, red deer and maybe a soaring eagle - to reach the sea at the Kyle of Lochalsh, overlooking the Isle of Skye. Here we rejoin the coach to cross the Skye Bridge to spend some time at the capital of Skye, Portree, before returning by road to Ullapool.
Thursday: A very scenic full day excursion by the remote Destitution Road, lonely bays and empty beaches to reach the little tourist centre of Gairloch, looking over the sea to Skye and the magnificent views alongside Loch Maree. We return via Inverewe Gardens, a horticultural oasis in the North Western Highlands.
Friday: An extended half day tour through the bleak and beautiful North Western Highlands via Laxford Bridge to reach the small town of Durness, once a crofting village perched on the far northern shores of Scotland.
Saturday: We head south to our final night in the north of England.
Sunday: Our tour draws to a close as we head home.
The Caledonian enjoys a superb location in the centre of this pretty village, overlooking Ullapool harbour and Loch Broom.
- Lounge, dining room, residents bar • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Two nights entertainment • No lift, ground and first floor bedrooms available
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer