• Spectacular drive by Mountain Goat Mini Bus • Hardknott Pass • Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway • Keswick • Grasmere • Kirkstone Pass
Full day: Our tour starts with a spectacular drive over 1500 foot Kirkstone Pass and along the banks of Ullswater to the Lakeland town of Keswick. Passing Thirlmere we come to the idyllic village of Grasmere, final resting place of the poet William Wordsworth, before arriving in bustling Bowness with its busy quays.
Full day: One of the highlights of this holiday is a spectacular drive by Mountain Goat minibus to explore the mountains, valleys and lakes that are not normally accessible by coach. Our tour starts with a drive through wild and rugged Wrynose Pass, before commencing the dramatic ascent of Hardknott Pass, the steepest in Britain. We pause at the remote Hardknott Roman Fort with its stunning views before making our way to the famous miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway through Eskdale. In the afternoon we drive onward to Wastwater, voted ‘Britain’s Favourite View’ and England’s deepest and most dramatic lake before arriving at the splendid 14th century castle of Muncaster surrounded by its internationally acclaimed gardens.
County Hotel, Kendal
The County in Kendal is a historic former coaching inn situated near the centre of town, just minutes from the busy High Street.
• Lounge, bar, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights – 5 day tours • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer