• Lakes Windermere & Ullswater • Keswick • Grasmere • Kirkby Lonsdale • Hawkshead • Bowness-on-Windermere • Kirkstone Pass
Full day: Our full day tour takes in the delightful lakeland trio of Bowness, Hawkshead and Lakeside. Our first visit is to Bowness-on-Windermere, the popular tourist haunt, with its quaint alleyways and lively lakeside quays, before making our way to Hawkshead, one of the Lake District’s most picturesque villages. On our way back to Kendal we drop into pretty Lakeside where there is an opportunity to take an optional ‘steamer’ cruise on Lake Windermere.
Full day: Our tour today takes in northern Lakeland, stopping first at the idyllic village of Grasmere, where the poet William Wordsworth lived. Then by the banks of Thirlmere we come to Keswick, a market town set on the shores of Derwentwater, where there is time to explore this lively centre. This afternoon we head for the shores of Ullswater, one of the largest and most beautiful lakes, before ascending Kirkstone Pass with its breathtaking lake and mountain views.
Half day: This morning we head for the ancient town of Kirkby Lonsdale, which grew up as a crossing point for the River Lune and is one of the few Cumbrian towns mentioned in the Doomsday Book.
8 Day Holiday Bonus!
Full day: As an added bonus on 8 day holidays, you’ll also enjoy an extra full day tour. Our tour starts with a visit to Appleby-in-Westmorland, which lies in a loop of the River Eden in the middle of beautiful Fell Country, where time seems to have stood still. Later we visit Rheged (admission included), named after the ancient Kingdom of Cumbria, where the impressive Visitor Centre showcases the region’s history on a giant format cinema screen.
County Hotel, Kendal
Our hotel in Kendal is a historic former coaching inn situated near the centre of town, just minutes from the busy High Street.
• Lounge, bar, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights - 8 day tours, Two nights - 5 day tours • Free WI-FI • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer