• North York Moors National Park • Whitby • Helmsley • Thirsk • Goathland • Bridlington • Flamborough Head • The World of James Herriot
Full day: Today we make our way to Whitby and the North York Moors National Park, with dramatic unspoilt scenery around almost every corner. Whitby, the home port of the seafaring legend Captain Cook, is a picturesque fishing town and resort combined, set beneath a ruined Abbey. From here we climb into the moors and deep valleys of ‘Heartbeat’ country to visit Goathland, the village made popular from the renowned TV series. From here you can take an optional ride on the North York Moors Railway (seasonal) to the market town of Pickering.
Full day: Skirting the moors today we head for Thirsk, a traditional North Yorkshire market town with a delightful cobbled square and town clock, best known as the home of James Herriot, whose house and surgery are now an impressive museum which we visit. This afternoon we head into Ryedale and make a stop at the market town of Helmsley with its 11th century castle ruins.
Half day: This morning we drive along the Heritage Coast arriving at Flamborough Head to admire the cliffs and sea views before visiting the resort of Bridlington.
Commanding wonderful views across the bay, this hotel is located on the South Bay Esplanade and just a walk across the Spa Bridge to the resort centre.
*** (AA) • Bar, terrace, restaurant, garden • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea and coffee • Two nights entertainment • Lift • Free Wi-Fi
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer