Within this typically English countryside we explore by coach and rail to reveal the gentle landscapes and lush green panoramas. In contrast we also take time to visit Brighton for a ride on the brand new British Airways i360 for unrivalled views of the south coast.
Full day: Today we head deep into the heart of the Sussex countryside to board the Bluebell Line Railway. Re-opened in 1960, with immaculately restored stations, vintage steam locomotives and antiquated carriages, this is regarded as one of our best preserved railways. This afternoon we visit Brighton and take a flight to the skies to see Sussex as you have never seen it before. We glide slowly to a height of 450 feet and enjoy breath-taking 360 views of up to 26 miles from the world’s first vertical cable car.
Full day: This morning we make our way through the East Sussex countryside to join the Kent & East Sussex Railway, originally known as the Rother Valley Railway and opened in 1900 it is today a remarkable journey kept alive by an ‘army’ of enthusiastic volunteers. This afternoon we return via the landmark town of Battle, situated on one of the most famous battlegrounds in Britain.
Mansion (Lions) Hotel, Eastbourne
The Mansion enjoys a superb position on Eastbourne’s seafront, opposite the bandstand and within level walking distance of the town centre shops.
• Lounge bar, sea-facing sun lounge, entertainment lounge, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available
• Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Two nights entertainment • Lift • There are 8 steps up to the front of the hotel
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer