• Roman Chester with guided coach & walking tour • Tatton Park Gardens • Llangollen • Anderton Boat Lift cruise • River Dee boat cruise • Horseshoe Pass
Full day: We head to Chester for a fascinating coach & walking tour of this fine city. Led by a qualified local guide, the tour will bring to life more than 2,000 years of history, dating back to the Romans, and includes many of the must-see historic secrets. In the afternoon we take a memorable cruise on the River Dee, taking us beneath the city’s suspension bridge, past Grosvenor Park, and out into the ‘meadows’.
Full day: Today we head deep into the Cheshire countryside for a truly amazing experience at the Anderton Boat Lift. We take a boat trip on the elegant Edwin Clark and cruise through this unique structure. In the afternoon we head to Tatton Park Gardens, where the splendid Georgian mansion overlooks an extensive landscaped park, with an orangery, a Japanese garden, and an Italian garden.
Full day: A taste of Wales today as we cross the border and make our way to Llangollen, famous for its International Eisteddfod, or music festival, and one of the prettiest towns on the River Dee. Later we ascend the spectacular Horseshoe Pass which offers wonderful views across the Dee Valley.
Mercure Woodhey House Hotel
The Mercure is situated in a quiet rural setting in the village of Little Sutton, just a few miles from Chester, and is ideally located for exploring Cheshire and North Wales.
*** (AA) • Restaurant, bar/lounge, garden • En-suite bedrooms • Indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Lift to some rooms but ground floor bedrooms also available
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer