• Cornish coastal scenery • Padstow • Mevagissey • Falmouth • Truro • Tintagel
Full day: This morning we take the coastal route, via the breathtaking scenery of Bedruthan Steps, to Padstow, an historic fishing port on the edge of King Arthur’s country and renowned today as much for its pretty quayside as its association with celebrity chef Rick Stein. Heading to the southern Cornish coast we come to Mevagissey, an ancient fishing port with narrow streets and a picture-postcard harbour.
Full day: Today’s full day excursion takes us to the maritime town and resort of Falmouth, guarded by the impressive Pendennis Castle headland. The rich seafaring heritage can be explored in the National Maritime Museum which is well worth a visit. In the afternoon we arrive in Truro, Cornwall’s ‘capital’, with its impressive cathedral, cobbled streets and lovely Georgian architecture.
Half day: A morning drive along the North Cornwall coast to reach Tintagel, famed for its mythical associations with King Arthur and Merlin. Here you can discover the antiquated old Post Office, King Arthur's Great Halls or perhaps view the ruins of Tintagel Castle.
Cliffdene Hotel, Newquay
Located overlooking Tolcarne Beach, the Cliffdene Hotel is only a few minutes walk from Newquay’s town centre.
• Two lounges, ballroom, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights - 8 day tours, two nights - 5 day tours • Free WI-FI • Lift
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer