• Settle to Carlisle Railway Journey • Ribblehead Viaduct • Southport • Fred Dibnah Heritage Centre & Guided Tour
Full day: A scenic tour today as we skirt Pendle Hill, home to the Pendle Witches, one of the most famed witch trials in English history, before reaching the small town of Settle. Here we board our train for the stunning Settle to Carlisle rail journey – regarded as one of the finest rail journeys in Europe. We cross the famous Ribblehead Viaduct and climb through the spectacular Pennines countryside into Cumbria to reach Carlisle.
Full day: Today we head to Bolton and enter the life of Fred Dibnah, England’s most famous and revered steeplejack and TV personality. Known for his daring chimney ascents, the Fred Dibnah Heritage Centre, housed in his own house and worksite, charts his life as a steeplejack and his love of steam engines and engineering. Our guided tour takes us through his house, grounds and much of his treasured machinery. Later this afternoon we return via Botany Bay, a busy shopping centre and one of Lancashire’s landmark Victorian Mill Conversions.
Half day: An extended half day tour to the elegant resort of Southport, with its beautifully laid out gardens and famous Lord Street – one of the finest thoroughfares in the north of England.
Foxfields Country Hotel
This friendly and welcoming family-run hotel sits in the Ribble Valley, between Blackburn and the Forest of Pendle, offering wonderful countryside views.
• Restaurant, bar • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi • Indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, fitness room, gardens • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • No lift, but ground floor rooms available
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer