- Warwick Castle • Bosworth Battlefields • Leicester Cathedral • Richard III Visitor Centre • National Memorial Arboretum • Lichfield
Full day: This morning we head to Leicester Cathedral where King Richard III has been laid to rest following his body’s discovery in 2012. Here the new visitor centre brings to life the embattled history of this divisive King from the War of the Roses to the unearthing of his remains. This afternoon we make our way to Bosworth Visitor Centre depicting the Battle of Bosworth and King Richard’s demise, ending the Plantagenist dynasty, before reaching the fields of battle.
Full day: A full day excursion where we include a visit to the magnificent Warwick Castle, with over 1,100 years of history on the one settlement. Attacked, besieged and ravaged by fire, the castle reveals tales of treachery and treason and centuries of tumultuous ownership. Today the rooms and grounds of the castle bring the past back to life in award-winning detail.
Full day: A full day tour to visit the National Memorial Arboretum - 150 acres of trees and memorials dedicated to the concept of Remembrance with 130 memorials of national significance. This afternoon to Lichfield where the magnificent three spired cathedral is well worth a visit.
Sketchley Grange Hotel
This elegant Tudor style country house hotel is located a few miles from the town of Hinckley, in the heart of England.
**** (AA) • Restaurant, bar lounge, sun terrace • En-suite bedrooms • Indoor swimming pool, sauna • Lift
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer