- Mersey Discovery Trail Tour • Manchester Ship Canal cruise • Southport
Full day: We join our cruise along the 35 mile length of the Manchester Ship Canal. With a revealing commentary of the history of one of the most important waterways in Britain, the cruise and surrounding scenery unravel an era of industrial power that shaped the North West forever.
Full day: A Merseyside Discovery Trail Tour, including the amazing Albert Dock complex, where you’ll find the Merseyside Maritime Museum, Tate Liverpool and the Beatles Story (extra charge), crammed full of their memorabilia. View the famous Three Graces, the trio of buildings facing the Mersey at the Pier Head, topped by the Liver Building, built in the city’s Edwardian heyday. This afternoon we take a boat trip on the famous River Mersey for a nostalgic look back at the city.
Half day: To the Victorian resort of Southport where leafy Lord Street, the magnificent pier and the beautiful lakes and gardens take you back to the heyday of the great seaside resorts of the North West.
Best Western Park Hotel, Chorley
Set in 140 acres of wooded countryside, just 5 miles from Chorley.
★★★ (Visit England)
• Restaurant, bar, lounge, terrace • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi • Indoor swimming pool • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer