• River Dart Cruise • Dartmouth & Paignton Steam Railway • Paignton • Dartmouth • South Devon Steam Railway • Plymouth Harbour Cruise • Plymouth
Full day: This morning we head for nearby Paignton, where we board our train on the former Great Western branch line which takes us along the coast past Goodrington Sands and alongside the River Dart Estuary to Kingswear. Here we take the passenger ferry across the river to the seafaring port of Dartmouth, with its imposing Royal Naval College, to board our river cruise. Sit back and enjoy the wonderful scenery - wooded slopes, secret creeks and enviable houses dotted along the banks of the River Dart.
Full day: This morning we drive to the great port of Plymouth where there is time to explore as well as enjoying a cruise across Plymouth Sound, past the Hoe and famous Drakes Island to the River Tamar where warships can often be seen at anchor. This afternoon we take a superb ride on the South Devon Railway. It is one of the longest established steam railways in the south west, operating along seven stunning miles of the Dart Valley between Buckfastleigh and Totnes.
Hotel Richmond, Torquay
The Richmond enjoys fine views from its elevated position over Torbay.
• Bar lounge, restaurant, sun terrace • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights - 5 day tours, One night - 4 day tours • Lift to most rooms
Bay View & Balcony supplement:
4 days £30, 5 days £40, 8 days £70
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer