Full day: Our ‘Royal Tour’ begins with a visit to Whippingham Church an ornate church built by Prince Albert, and Queen Victoria was a regular member of the congregation. We then visit Osborne House, the seaside retreat of Queen Victoria that was also designed by Prince Albert. Here you can explore this sumptuous Italianate villa and its beautiful grounds, preserved as it was when the Queen died here in 1901.
Full day: Rail & Sail today as we take a short walk to the rail station for the local service to Ryde Pier Head where we join the fast catamaran ferry which whisks us across the Solent to Portsmouth. From here it’s just a short walk to the nearby Royal Naval Historic Dockyard to visit the recently opened Mary Rose Exhibition - Henry VIII’s warship - and take a fascinating boat cruise around the harbour.
Half day: This morning we visit Carisbrooke Castle, best known as the place where King Charles I was imprisoned. The castle has more than 800 years of history and today it is wonderfully well-preserved and the new Edwardian Style Princess Beatrice Garden is a joy to explore.
Parkbury Hotel, Sandown
The Parkbury in Sandown is about a ten minute downhill walk to the seafront and High Street.
• Two lounges, bar, garden, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Free Wi-Fi available • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights – 5 day tours • No lift, but all bedrooms are on the ground and first floors
Swipe left and right
|Book NowMon 11 Jun, 2018
|Book NowMon 1 Oct, 2018
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer