• Hereford • Hay-on-Wye • Scenic Wye Valley • Forest of Dean • Symonds Yat • Tintern • Welsh Borderlands
Full day: A full day tour starting with a visit to the ancient cathedral city of Hereford. It’s no more than a market town really, but set amid a peaceful rural landscape of farmland, orchards and half-timbered villages. Then it’s through the Golden Valley for a stop in the eccentric little town of Hay-on-Wye, which is the second-hand book ‘capital’ of Britain, and has its own ‘King’!
Full day: Today we follow the River Wye southwards past Ross-on-Wye into the Forest of Dean, to admire the view of Symonds Yat, with a great loop of the river far below. From the handsome border town of Monmouth we reach the most scenic stretch of the Wye Valley, halting at Tintern Abbey, where the 14th century ruined Abbey has a beautiful setting.
Half day: Today we head for the Severn Valley to reach the historic cathedral city of Worcester where there is time to explore.
Hallmark Hotel, Gloucester
The Hallmark Hotel is well located about three miles from the centre of Gloucester city centre, and perfectly situated for exploring the Wye Valley.
• Restaurant, bar lounge • En-suite bedrooms • Indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi •No lift • All bedrooms on ground or first floor • Free Wi-Fi
**** (Visit Britain)
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer