• Brighton • South Downs countryside • Beachy Head • Hastings • Alfriston • Rye
Full day: We begin today’s full day excursion by visiting medieval Rye. It’s considered to be one of the best preserved of the ancient Cinque Ports, with its quaint cobbled streets, historic half-timbered buildings and smugglers’ inns. This afternoon we travel along the coast to Hastings, overlooked by William the Conqueror’s castle, and famous as the location for the popular TV detective series Foyle's War (5 day holidays only).
Full day: We head west to the cosmopolitan city of Brighton. Here there is plenty of time to enjoy its great diversity of attractions from the Royal Pavilion and Palace Pier to the quirky shops of the Lanes. Our return will take us via the lovely South Downs countryside.
Half day: This morning we ascend Beachy Head, the vast chalk promontory which marks where ‘the Downs’ are halted by the sea before visiting the picturesque South Downs village of Alfriston.
Mansion (Lions) Hotel, Eastbourne
This hotel enjoys a superb position on Eastbourne’s seafront, opposite the bandstand and within level walking distance of the town centre shops.
• Lounge bar, sea-facing sun lounge, entertainment lounge, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Two nights entertainment • Free WI-FI • Lift • There are 8 steps up to the front of the hotel
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer