Based in the resort of Sandown, we include a tour of Osborne House, a ride on the perfectly preserved steam railway, and a visit to a village museum with a Victorian theme.
Full day: Our full day tour begins at the ornate Whippingham Church, built by Prince Albert and where Queen Victoria was a regular member of the congregation when in residence on the island. We continue to Queen Victoria’s seaside retreat, Osborne House, where she died in 1901. This beautiful Italiante villa and grounds are maintained as it was at the time offering a wonderful snapshot of royalty during Victoria’s reign.
Full day: Take a journey back in time with a ride on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway. We join at the railway’s main station at Havenstreet, where there is a small museum and shop, for a return journey on a section of the old Ryde to Newport line. The oldest locomotive was built in 1876 and carriages date back to 1864, and all have been restored to pristine condition. Later we visit the Brighstone Village Museum, which gives an insight into village life in Victorian times, and is housed in a picturesque terrace of thatched cottages.
Parkbury Hotel, Sandown
Our hotel in Sandown is about a ten minute downhill walk to the seafront and High Street.
• Two lounges, bar, garden, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights – 8 day tours, Two nights - 5 day tours, One night - 4 day tours • Free WI-FI • No lift, but all bedrooms are on the ground and first floors
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer