• Lyndhurst • Weymouth • Dorchester • New Forest • Salisbury • Poole
Full day: This marvellous full day excursion heads off via the back roads and lanes of the New Forest, with its famous ponies and elusive deer, to Lyndhurst. Here there is time to browse through the many antique shops before continuing on to Salisbury. Famous for its magnificent Gothic Cathedral and tallest spire in England, the grid-like streets, with their black and white half-timbered houses, are a joy to explore.
Full day: We soon reach the handsome county town of Dorchester. This delightful town is famous as the home of Thomas Hardy and depicted in his novels as ‘Casterbridge’. This afternoon we make our way to the coast and the seaside resort of Weymouth, with its lovely sandy beach, miles of level promenade and colourful working harbour.
Half day: Today we skirt Poole Harbour on our way to visit Poole itself, which combines its role as ferry port and departure point for the National Trust’s Brownsea Island, with its role as an affluent residential town and holiday centre. The quay is a delight to explore and a visit to the famous Poole Pottery shop is well worthwhile.
8 Day Holiday Bonus!
Full day: As an added bonus on 8 Day holidays, you’ll also enjoy an extra full day excursion. We begin with the drive to the Isle of Purbeck and the resort of Swanage. Here you can take an optional ride on the famous Swanage Railway past the local landmark of Corfe Castle if you wish. In the afternoon we head towards the famous Jurassic Coast and take time to visit West Lulworth and Lulworth Cove, where there is the opportunity to walk down to the sea to admire the views.
Riviera Hotel, Bournemouth
The Riviera Hotel in Bournemouth is located on the Alum Chine and offers fabulous views across Poole Bay.
• Two lounges, bar, ballroom, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Indoor pool, spa bath, sauna and games room • Free Wi-Fi • Three nights entertainment • Lift
Swipe left and right
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer