Wycliffe, Poldark and Doc Martin are all synonymous with the county and our popular five day holidays tour some of the most well known locations seen on screen.
Full day: This morning visit Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor and immortalised by Daphne du Maurier’s novel and subsequent Alfred Hitchcock film. We include morning coffee and allow time to explore the small museum dedicated to the famous author. This afternoon we continue to Port Isaac, better known as Doc Martin’s sleepy hamlet ‘Portwenn’, where it is a delight to walk down to the pretty harbour and meander through the narrow lanes.
Full day: To Charlestown where the unspoilt period harbour has featured on screen more than any other location in Cornwall along with its resident selection of tall ships. The ‘Heart of the Ocean’ necklace from the blockbuster film ‘Titanic’ is housed in the local Shipwreck & Heritage Museum. We then visit Lanhydrock, a magnificent 19th century country house, famed for being the backdrop for films such as The Three Musketeers and Poldark.
Half day: This morning to the tiny fishing port of Padstow where the working harbour is much-featured on TV’s celebrity chef Rick Stein’s numerous food and cookery programmes.
Cliffdene Hotel, Newquay
Located overlooking Tolcarne Beach, the Cliffdene Hotel is only a few minutes walk from Newquay’s town centre.
• Two lounges, ballroom, restaurant • En-suite bedrooms • Full breakfast and three course evening dinner plus tea or coffee • Entertainment: Four nights - 8 day tours, two nights - 5 day tours • Free WI-FI • Lift
- Free local joining points
- Collect Coach Miles™
- All coach travel
- Reserved seats on tour coaches
- Tour Manager escorted
- Hotel accomodation and board as stated
- No single room supplement
- Excursions/itinerary as stated
- Admission fees and entertainment if stated
- Complete luggage handling
- Price-Back Insurance Offer